What To Talk About With Your Coach During Your Session
- How you are feeling about yourself-the good stuff and the not so good stuff
- How you are looking at your life
- How you are feeling about others
- What has occurred to you since the last call
- Breakthroughs and insights
- Blocks that have come up
- Any new choices or decisions made
- Personal news
- Progress report on your goals, projects and activities
- What you’ve done that you are proud of
- What you are coming up against
- Where you are stuck
- Where you are wondering about something
- Help develop a plan of action
- Help develop a strategy
- Making a distinction
- Clarifying something that is unclear
- What is the next goal or project to create?
- What do you want for yourself next?
- What do you need to know?
Thought you might like an update on how great my life is going because so much of it is thanks to you and all of your career-planning advice and inspiration…
I survived my job as Admin Assistant for 5 months. When I say survived I mean, I went to work everyday and did a fine job, and I was so bored I thought I might cry. There was just not enough work to go around to validate my position there. And because it was a temporary position, no one wanted to invest time or energy in teaching me.
It was a blessing in disguise, though, because being employed at the college gave me the opportunity to take a class. I took a casework interviewing class that totally re-inspired me to get back into mental health and social work.
I applied for a position as an Outreach Counselor at a local agency, interviewed, and was offered the job on the spot. Needless to say, my interview skills had been fine-tuned by then! I had applied there in the past, and never even got a call back. Luckily, my grueling job search had taught me to be persistent.
And so, to make a long story short, I have been here for over a month now, and I love it. They keep me busy, I spend all day helping people with providing skills training and case management, and there is enough tedious administrative work involved that it feeds my obsessive compulsions for organization and tidiness.
This is a full time job with a salary and benefits, the first time in my life I have ever had that. Imagine how excited I am.
Thank you for all that you do.
Pacific TimeOffering life and career coaching in Portland, Salem, Eugene, and Ashland, Oregon and North America